£40.00Current stock: 2
Director: Don Coscarelli
Country: USA | West Germany
Label: Vinegar Syndrome
When he was a baby, Dar (Marc Singer, In The Cold Of The Night, TV's 'V') and his royal family were cursed by an all-powerful wizard named Maax (Rip Torn, Men in Black) to prevent him from rightfully ascending as the leader of his people. Stolen from his parents and about to be sacrificed, Dar is rescued by a kind villager who raises him as his own. While training with his adopted father, Dar realizes the curse has left him with a unique gift: the ability to telepathically communicate with all forms of animal life. Years later, Maax returns with the help of a violent band of marauders known as the Jun to all but wipe out Dar's tribe, leaving him to fend for himself. Accompanied by his animal and human friends, Dar sets out on a quest of vengeance to destroy Maax and the Jun, and return peace to the land before it's too late.
Directed by legendary genre filmmaker Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Bubba Ho-Tep, John Dies At The End) and co-starring Tanya Roberts (Sheena, Tourist Trap), John Amos (Coming to America, TV's 'The West Wing'), and Rod Loomis (Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, TV's 'Stargate SG-1'), THE BEASTMASTER is a thrilling mix of fantasy, action, and adventure, with touches of horror. Photographed by Academy Award winning cinematographer John Alcott (Barry Lyndon, A Clockwork Orange) and featuring incredible production design by Conrad Angone, Vinegar Syndrome Ultra brings THE BEASTMASTER to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray in a brand new 4K restoration!
• VSU exclusive ‘ultra’ high-end magnet clasp box, containing the slipcovered 3-disc set and a 40-page perfect bound book.
• Alternate updated visual effects version supervised by the director (Blu-ray only)
• Brand new commentary track with writer/director Don Coscarelli & writer/producer Paul Pepperman, moderated by filmmaker Joe Lynch
• Archival commentary track with Don Coscarelli & Paul Pepperman
• “The Beastmaster Chronicles” - a brand new feature length making-of documentary by Elijah Drenner
• “The Saga of the Beastmaster” - an archival making-of documentary by Perry Martin
• Super 8mm home movies shot by James Dodson with audio commentary by Don Coscarelli & Paul Pepperman
• Stills, Promotional, and Archival Material Gallery
• Original theatrical trailer
• 40-page perfect bound book featuring essays by Don Coscarelli and Michael Gingold