Director: Rick Sloane
Label: Vinegar Syndrome
From the damaged mind of director Rick Sloane (HOBGOBLINS) comes BLOOD THEATRE and THE VISITANTS.
In Sloane’s 1984 debut, BLOOD THEATRE, an old movie house in which a massacre occurred decades earlier, finally re-opens only to be once again targeted by a bloodthirsty maniac intent on murdering anyone and everyone who makes the mistake of buying a ticket. Packed with low rent bloodshed, BLOOD THEATRE exemplifies the no-budget aesthetic Sloane relished and features the one and only Mary Woronov (EATING RAOUL) in a supporting role.
Sloane’s second feature effort, THE VISITANTS, is set in the neon colored 1950s and chronicles the hi-jinx which ensue following the theft of a ray gun by a teenage boy from his bizarre neighbors who just happen to be aliens who have embedded themselves within a sleepy suburban neighborhood.
Barely seen since their brief theatrical runs, Vinegar Syndrome presents the Blu-ray debuts of these off the wall, home grown pieces of jaw dropping mutant cinema, both newly restored from their 35mm camera negatives.
• Bonus feature film: THE VISITANTS (1987), directed by Rick Sloane
• Commentary track with Rick Sloane on BLOOD THEATRE & THE VISITANTS
• Ensemble introduction from a screening at the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles with: Rick Sloane, Mary Woronov (actress BLOOD THEATRE), Marcus Vaughter (actor THE VISITANTS), Jordana Capra (actress THE VISITANTS)
• BLOOD THEATRE, post film Q&A with: Rick Sloane and Mary Woronow
• Commentary track for BLOOD THEATRE with: The Hysteria Continues!