Director: Mark Pirro
Label: Vinegar Syndrome
Chuck Toedan hosts the most controversial show on TV: Live or Die, where deathrow inmates compete against each other for a chance to beat the executioner. However, when he accidentally kills a mob boss of the most feared mafia in the city, a hit man tries to put an end to him and his show once and for all. As a battle of wits and survival ensues, Chuck is forced to engage in the very tactics he uses on his contestants, or die trying.
From acclaimed independent filmmaker Mark Pirro, DEATHROW GAMESHOW is a playful assault against good taste, featuring outrageous kills and non-stop screwball comedy. Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present this under seen piece of late 80s camp newly restored in 2K and on Blu-ray for the first time.
•Commentary track with director Mark Pirro, John McCafferty (actor) & Robyn Blythe (actress)
• “Revisiting Deathrow Gameshow” – 32 minute making-of documentary
• 2015 director’s cut of DEATHROW GAMESHOW
• Multiple director introductions
• “Buns” 1978 (short film directed by Mark Pirro)
• “The Spy Who Did it Better” 1979 (short film directed by Mark Pirro)
• Original theatrical trailer
• TV spot
• Image gallery
• Director bio