£18.00Current stock: 0
Director: Robert S. Baker, Monty Berman
In 1959, legendary showman Joseph E. Levine unleashed this grisly UK thriller on American moviegoers. But when audiences were horrified by the film’s startling violence, graphic nudity and bloody Technicolor climax, it became one of Levine’s most notorious failures. Today – in its notorious UK cut and the American version with a brassy new score – it remains among the most underappreciated and provocative shockers of its time.
Eddie Byrne (THE MUMMY), Lee Patterson (TV’s SURFSIDE 6) and John Le Mesurier (DAD’S ARMY) star in this lurid classic produced/directed by Robert S. Baker & Monty Berman (BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE) and written by Hammer Films’ legendary Jimmy Sangster (THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, HORROR OF DRACULA) that FilmFracture.com calls “The perfect combination of murder mystery and horror film with just the right amount of lovely ladies!"
- British Version, plus US Version.
- Audio Commentary with Co-Director/Co-Producer/Co-Cinematographer Robert S. Baker, Screenwriter Jimmy Sangster, Assistant - Director Peter Manley, Moderated by British Horror Historian Marcus Hearn.
- Alternate Continental takes.
- Interview with Denis Meikle, author of Jack the Ripper: The Murders and the Movies.
- The Real Jack the Ripper featurette.
- Theatrical Trailer.
- Poster and Still Gallery.