£26.00Current stock: 0
Director: Ulli Lommel
Robert Walker Jr.
Country: USA | West Germany
Label: Vinegar Syndrome
When she was a child, Olivia (Suzanna Love) witnessed the horrifying and violent murder of her prostitute mother at the hands of an angry John. Now an adult, she's married to an abusive and controlling factory worker, that is, until her mother appears to her and demands that Olivia avenge her death by seducing and then slaying men. While disposing of a body near the London Bridge, Olivia has a chance meeting with a friendly American named Mike (Robert Walker Jr) who reveals that he’s visiting England in order to dismantle and move the bridge to Arizona, setting off a series of increasingly strange events, and a lot more bloodshed…
Perhaps the most offbeat film in the fascinating career of German actor turned exploitation auteur, Ulli Lommel (Tenderness of the Wolves, The Boogeyman) OLIVIA (also known as Prozzie and Double Jeopardy) finds a distinctive blend of slasher, erotic thriller, and straight forward sleaze, seasoned with touches of semi-surrealism. Atmospherically photographed and featuring a moody score by Joel Goldsmith (Man’s Best Friend), Vinegar Syndrome brings this nearly unclassifiable piece of early 80s genre weirdness to Blu-ray, newly restored in 4K from its original 35mm camera negative and presented in its completely uncensored version for the first time on disc.
• “Becoming Olivia” - an interview with actress Suzanna Love
• “Taking on Many Roles” - an interview with writer/asst. director John P. Marsh
• “A Chance Meeting” - an interview with cinematographer Jon Kranhouse
• “Learning From Ulli” - an interview with editor Terrell Tannen
• Super 8mm behind-the-scenes footage shot and narrated by writer/a.d. John P. Marsh
• Original theatrical trailer