£58.00Current stock: 1
Country: Canada | Germany
Label: Vinegar Syndrome
Rookie cop Sam Staziak (Daniel Quinn, Wild At Heart) has a unique gift: he is a Scanner, which gives him the power to read the thoughts of others, and also to inflict great bodily harm...and death. To repress his abilities, he takes a medication designed to keep Scanners sane and rational and from exacting harm on others. When a mad scientist named Karl Glock (Richard Lynch, Invasion USA) begins using mind control to murder police officers, Sam realizes that only he and his unique gift can put an end to the mayhem and uncover the identity and diabolical motives of this bloodthirsty madman...
The first true sequel to David Cronenberg's 1980 horror classic, producer Pierre David's (Videodrome) first foray into directing, SCANNER COP, is a tense and bloody mix of gruesome body horror and action packed police thriller. Never released on disc in the US, Vinegar Syndrome proudly brings this mid 90s direct-to-video hit to Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD, newly restored from its 35mm original camera negative and featuring a brand new extended making of documentary with it’s cast and crew.
Directed by: Pierre David
Starring: Daniel Quinn, Darlanne Fluegel, Richard Grove, Richard Lynch, Hilary Shepard, Mark Rolston
1993 / 94 min / 1.85:1 / English Stereo
SCANNER COP II:
Sam Staziak (Daniel Quinn, Wild At Heart), the Scanner Cop, had hoped that he could resume a normal life. When other Scanners in the Los Angeles area are being attacked, literally left drained of life, Sam is forced back into action in a desperate attempt to stop a mad Scanner named Volkin who is determined to become the most powerful - and ruthless - of his kind. But as Sam sets out to put an end to the ever increasing carnage gripping the city, he also finds himself in a personal crisis after his long estranged mother reappears, and becomes the focus of Volkin's growing rage.
Pervasively twisted and astonishingly gory, Steve Barnett's SCANNER COP II: THE SHOWDOWN does everything in its power to up the ante in terms of the Scanners' series violence and creative death sequences, with an array of extremely grisly and often 'explosive' demises courtesy of special effects wizard, John Carl Buechler (Mausoleum). Vinegar Syndrome is overjoyed to bring this unforgettable final chapter in the Scanners saga to Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD, newly restored from its 35mm original camera negative and featuring a brand new extended making of documentary with it’s cast and crew.
Directed by: Steve Barnett
Starring: Daniel Quinn, Patrick Kilpatrick, Khrystyne Haje, Robert Forster, Stephen Mendel
1994 / 95 min / 1.85:1 / English Stereo
• “Outside the Law: The Scanner Cop Revolution - Part One” - extended making-of documentary featuring interviews with: producer/director Pierre David, actress Hilary Shepard, actor Mark Rolston, actor Richard Grove, special effects artist Ted Haines, special effects artist James Rohland, stunt coordinator Jeff Pruitt, director (Scanner Cop II) Steve Barnett and screenwriter (You’re Next) Simon Barrett
• Original promotional video
• Commentary track by the We Hate Movies Podcast
SCANNER COP II:
• Commentary track with director Steve Barnett
• “Outside the Law: The Scanner Cop Revolution - Part Two” - extended making-of documentary featuring interviews with: director Steve Barnett, producer Pierre David, actor Patrick Kilpatrick, actress Khrystyne Haje, actor Stephen Mendel, composer Richard Bowers, special effects artist Jeff Farley, makeup effects artist Tom Irvin, special effects artist James Rohland and screenwriter (You’re Next) Simon Barrett
• Original trailer