If you are in the US and want to order anything please email us for a shipping quote. Due to the recent price increase in posting to the US we are temporarily suspending US orders until we have the cart function updated. We hope to have this completed next week. Any orders from the US placed while this notice is up will be cancelled and refunded. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
£22.00Current stock: 8
Director: Jimmy T. Murakami
“There have been enough post-holocaust nuclear winter films to constitute a genre” says Time Out, “but there has never been anything quite like this.” Three decades after it first shattered audiences worldwide, Severin Kids is proud to present the animated classic about an elderly couple – voiced by Academy Award® winners Sir John Mills and Dame Peggy Ashcroft – attempting to survive the aftermath of a nuclear war. Directed by Jimmy T. Murakami (HEAVY METAL, BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS), adapted by Raymond Briggs from his acclaimed graphic novel, and featuring an original score by Roger Waters with title song by David Bowie, experience what Rock! Shock! Pop! calls “A fascinating achievement in filmmaking, and one that remains timeless more than 30 years after its creation.”
- Jimmy Murakami: Non Alien - Feature Length Documentary about the Film’s Director.
- The Wind and The Bomb - The Making of WHEN THE WIND BLOWS.
- Audio Commentary with First Assistant Editor Joe Fordham and Film Historian Nick Redman
- An Interview with Raymond Briggs.
- Protect and Survive - public information film designed to be broadcast when a nuclear attack was imminent.
- Isolated Music and Effects Audio Track.